Okay, I've held my tongue long enough.
The apparently brain-dead governor of Alaska (see interview with Matt Lauer here where she has several d'oh! moments) is milking a joke about her told by David Letterman for all it's worth and then some, and people are letting her get away with it. Let's get some facts straight, shall we?
1) SNL joked about INCEST in the Palin family, and the good governor still saw fit to appear on SNL after that. Clearly her indignance level is selective at best.
2) Jay Leno made a similar joke to Letterman's and he wasn't called on it either. Because that's what comedians do.
3) Letterman has apologized twice--no one else ever has for their jokes about the Palins. And it's not like they don't supply plenty of fodder for the comedians.
4) Letterman in no way made allusion to Todd and Sarah Palin's 14-year old daughter. They are the ones bringing her into this and shame on them for it.
5) If Governor Airhead hadn't embraced "abstinence only" and had instead talked to her children about birth control, perhaps she wouldn't have had an UNWED TEENAGE DAUGHTER. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
If the Republican party is pinning its hopes on this grotesquerie of a politician, then start buying your funereal bouquets now. Only the most hardcore idiots are still backing her. And yes, I do mean idiots. Sorry, gaypatriot, but it's the truth. If you're sooooo intent on being partisan and supporting Sarah Palin just because she's a "conservative"--if you can't see through this veneer of bullshit--then try some Visine. Because it's all over but the cryin'.
(And kudos to Matt Lauer for taking her to task.)
And AS FOR YOU, gay men and women who seem so surprised that Obama's not all he said he was: you should've listened to me.