Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Moving My Blog: The Author Side Of Life

As I ported links over from the old blog, I decided to cull some of the lesser used ones for a few reasons. Primarily I wanted to save space and reduce what some have called "clutter." Thank you Mom, and JohninIl. And, obviously, I'm leaving up the old blog indefinitely for archiving purposes (though I may bring over some articles I'm fond of), so if I really need a link I didn't bring over I can still find it there.

One thing I decided to do, however, is to not break up the links into quite so many different sections. That might seem counterintuitive considering that managing the sidebar is actually easier with the new blogger template than with the new WP template, but I think I can accomplish more with less if I manage things correctly.

Take the Author Links, for instance. While I previously had a separate section of links entirely for the websites of authors I like, that one section alone took up a goodly portion of the sidebar. Since I'm down to just the one sidebar instead of two, those links had to go. (Although I kept Rob Byrnes because, well, he's not just an author, he's a hell of a funny guy who blogs, too.)

Besides, I'll talk about authors like Archer Mayor, Dan Simmons, Terry Brooks, David Brin, Greg Bear, Isaac Asimov, Piers Anthony, Stephen King, C.S. Friedman, Erik Larson, James Rollins, Stephen Ambrose, Kim Stanley Robinson, Neil Gaiman, and more.

Often.

Tellyawhat: I'll link this one post in the sidebar in case you want to get those links right there. You can thank me later.

No comments: