- Another severed foot in a shoe washes up on a beach--this time in Washington
- If you haven't had a chance to see it yet, Stephen King's "N" is viewable online, with a new 2-minute episode every week
- Get ready for the Great Tomato Bailout: "Rep. Tim Mahoney (D-Fla.) is sympathetic to the $1.3 billion tomato industry, as are other members of the state's delegation. He introduced a bill July 24 that would compensate growers and packers for losses up to $100 million. (Florida growers supply about half the nation's fresh tomatoes annually.)"
- Muqtada Al-Sadr--humanitarian? "Muqtada al-Sadr plans to disarm his once-feared Mahdi Army militia and remake it into a social-services organization . . . The group will focus on education, religion and social justice, according to the brochure, which is aimed at Mr. Sadr's followers. The brochure also states that it "is not allowed to use arms at all."
- The Male Contraceptive problem: just where do they want to put the injections?
And finally, as a pseudo-farmer, I just love this story about one funny farmer and the idiots who moved next to him:
"The people who bought the homes say, 'Well, we love looking into your yard
and seeing the horses and the cattle, but we don't like the flies, and we don't
like the mosquitoes,' and when I cut my field to bale it, they say, 'We don't
like the dust in the air,' " Davis said.