- I think I'll be getting this from the library: American Nerd: The Story of My People by Benjamin Nugent. Based on this review, I think it will be interesting. What that says about me, personally . . .
- Speaking of books, I just received a bunch of paperwork intended to help me set up 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status for the Friends of the Library group we're starting at the local library. Cool stuff. If you want to start your own Friends of the Library group in your area, start here. If you have questions, feel free to send them to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The guys at Queerty had better watch their tongues lest someone find them not only trite, but sexist as well, with lines like this one:
The poll also shows that the ladies aren’t taking proper physical precautions,Oh, you would, would you? Dumbasses.
like getting tested for cervical cancer and the such. You would think lesbians
would like that sort of thing…
- Naked Man Highjacks Bus--Most likely he was on drugs, they say. Ya think? No one on the bus thought to kick him in the balls before he got to the driver's seat? Ah, America: the land of "let's drive slowly by the car wreck, but not help out at all."
- Quote of the day: Well, it seems that Barack Obama can and will do whatever he pleases -- particularly if it paves the way to victory. My question: has the fat lady really sung yet? Is there no flash left in this pan?
- Is there a deal for domestic drilling in the works? Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, has made a refrain in recent weeks of saying, “We cannot drill our way out of this problem.” But he opened his news conference on Tuesday with a different approach: “Let’s begin the discussion here by saying, Democrats support domestic production.” (Note: I enthusiastically support coastal offshore drilling, but not drilling in ANWAR.)
- Filed under People With Too Much Time On Their Hands
- Via GoodAsYou, check out the 49 pages of "reasons" why some state employees are refusing to perform same-sex marriages in California. Evidently these folks have never heard the expression, "your rights end where my nose begins" . . .
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Posted by Jamie