Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good Morning American Bankers

Hey, we're all bankers now. And what is your money doing?

Blankfein, 54, was Wall Street's best-paid CEO in 2007, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. He ``could still make tens of millions of dollars if he continues to receive stock grants and Goldman's stock rises,'' said David Schmidt, a senior consultant for New York-based compensation firm James F. Reda & Associates.

I hereby call this American Public Shareholder meeting to order. First order of business: no more stock grants for CEO's who haven't managed a profit. If we have to bail out their incompetence, I see no reason to keep rewarding them. (See This Cartoon!)

Yeah, I can dream. Unless you lemmings wake up and start screaming loudly about these things, they're just going to keep milking this cash cow we call government.

Now, on the political front, which I've been studiously avoiding because I can't stand any of them except Joe Biden, I feel obligated to comment on this: with all of the anger and angst about Obama's connections to William Ayers, why are people not so concerned with McCain's demonstrable lack of judgement in choosing a Saddam Hussein affiliate to lead his presidential transition team? All I'm hearing from the right on this is *silence*. You know, Saddam Hussein, mass murderer, terrorist, tyrant, etc, etc?

William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime.
This is just as big a deal as William Ayers.

You know, I'll be 35 by the time January 20th rolls around. Is it too late to throw my hat into the ring? Y'all know everything about me, I have no terrorist ties or anything like that. I do tend to like that gay sex stuff, though. :)

Well, that's as deep as I'm getting. Back to the poetry.

No comments: